We haven't been on a real trip since Jackson was born. Our life really slowed down... We were used to taking off all the time on adventures! Jackson was a great little traveler and a super good fun baby on the trip. This summer is going to be great! We can take off again with no worries. Jackson in tow!
We stayed a week in St. George. My little brother, Isaac came and was able to see his girl friend, Heidi on the way down and on the way back.
We all had fun! The highlight of the trip for me was the SHAC (Sand Hollow Aquatic Center) triathlon we all did and Zion's National Park. We were only at Zion's for less than 3 hours because of wind and rain but we caught it at the perfect time right after the storm in the evening. The wind had died down and there was misty clouds on all the red peaks making it feel eerie and majestic.
We bought Jackson a big boy carseat on the way home at a Babies R Us. I can't believe how big and fun he is getting! He pulls himself up with ease on furniture and boxes or whatever he can find. He is such a delightful baby! I just wish he would start sleeping through the night! He always wakes up around 3 AM, then 5 or 6, and then 7 for the day.
I've got the bug to train harder for another triathlon! I ordered some triathlon cycling shoes from REI outlet that were a men's 39. Only the small sizes left. They worked out perfectly for me because of my stupid "bunnionetts" that cause me to need a little bit wider toe box in certain shoes. So they were discounted to $69.93- %20 with the online coupon. $120 shoes for $59.29 with tax. Not bad! Can't wait to use them. My transition will be a lot faster now that I won't have to tie my bike shoe laces. These have Velcro.
Time to train!











How fun! We went to St George in January, and it was too cold to do very much outside. I just have to say, I'm glad I'm not the only one with a baby who won't sleep all through the night! Here's to hoping our babies will figure it out soon! :)
ReplyDelete